Church of St. Anthony - students of St. Francis of Assisi, who came to Liege in the thirteenth century, built a house in Hors - Chaten, in 1240. It was located near the center, so they had come into contact with the local community. Dedicated to St. Antoni church was built in the 1244 year.
T en built of sandstone, Gothic church, for centuries witnessed the development of the Franciscan order in these areas. In the eighteenth century, he received a monumental Baroque facade. Also, the interior is decorated in this style. Finishing the interior was completed in the next century. After the damage he suffered St. Anthony 16 1945 December year. as a result of a bombing raid, it has been completely renovated, from the presbytery to reveal more primitive style so popular among the Franciscans. During the work unearthed the thirteenth century altar, almost intact, which served as a liturgical. Inside the church there are tombs from different periods built into the floor of the chancel and nave walls. The variety of styles inside the church reflects its rich past.
In the 1961 - 1968 works were carried out in order to protect the building from tilting toward the street Hors - Chateau. The building remained a place of worship to 1977 of the year. Then conducted its desacralization, and the parish was moved to the church. Catherine the rue Neuvic. The hotel became the property of the province of Liege. All the old architectural complex consisting of a monastery and church in 1989 was leased to the owners Museum Chamart House (now the Museum of Walloon Life). Today fully restored church is used for the organization of prestigious cultural events and is the site of many exhibitions.